Collaborative Practice: Week 4

  Week 3

Mon 19 
Had our last Stage 2 meeting of the second year which was very weird. It's been really nice having these weekly meetings just to see coursemates who I haven't seen in a while and ask any general questions for the week.

I spend the majority of the day just editing all my images for my publication as I had finished all my photoshoots. I used Lightroom to do this and it was very fun playing around with all the different settings it provides.


Tues 20 to Thurs 22
I spent the last couple of days working on my publication: editing the images, looking at different layouts and exploring some well know publications for inspiration. I found that I difficult to decide a clear layout that I wanted throughout so I ended up choosing the idea of collaging

Also, I ordered ICBQ's latest magazine issues because I was really interested to see how they laid out their work. The publication showed off so many different designers and their work and it really helped me build up an idea for creating alternate layouts in my publication.

 


Fri 23
This was the final feedback session for this module and I got to present my final ideas for my publication that morning. It was very helpful to hear everyone's thoughts about my work especially now that I can go back and refine certain elements. I came to the presentation with two sizes for the publication and came away with the chose size being the square design, which will be a new challenge for me. Having never printed that dimension before, I need to thoroughly plan and test print my pages to make sure everything is working to size and that I know exactly how to cut it.

Comments