Reflection: Week 3

  Week 3

Mon 5
Had the Stage 2 Meeting this morning with Kate and Matt. We went over the 'I Rosebush' submissions from last week and it was great to see all the other versions. Mine got featured and had some interesting things said about it which was funny and insightful.

Tues 6
The workshop today was on readability and exploring how to present a spread in different ways. We were able to learn about using a reduced colour palette as well as only using the article text to cover the spread. It made me step out of my comfort zone because I like to use images within my work 

Wed 7
I had a learning teams meeting today, where we all met all Kate and spoke about how we were feeling about the current brief. Additionally we were given some tips on how to work on our page layouts e.g. find a magazine and copy one of the spreads so you can understand and slowly form natural ways of article arrangement.

Thurs 8
The textworks lecture was on consumerism and postmodernity which could be seen as a time that we could associate more with. Whether we think we living in a more accessible and simplistic times, the views and options on everything around us, from lifestyle to food, can be placed on some kind of hierarchy and we all natural adhere to in our lives.


Fri 9
The 'Learn the Rules' and 'Break the Rules' projects were due in this morning. Overall I did end up enjoying both projects as I got to really test what I've learned over the last couple of week during the rest of the workshops.

Comments