Design Direction: Week 4

Week 4

Mon 15
The Stage 2 Meeting today introduced that we would be progressing with our brief ideas this week, in hopes that we would start forming a proposal for them by the end of the week. I had formed a couple of brief ideas from the workshop last week but I'm still not set on one idea.

Tues 16
I had the first feedback session today with the rest of my learning team. We all presented some ideas for our self-initiated brief and got some thoughts back about what we presented. Out of my two ideas, lots of people liked the sound of the recycling app so I think I will be pressing forward with that one. 



Thurs 18
The lecture today discussed the idea 'Design and Humour', two things that I generally never look for together. It was interesting to see that humour can fit pretty much anywhere into a design, whether it's trying to be direct or not - like how in the movie Shrek, it actually includes many adult jokes that we didn't truly appreciate until we were older. 

Fri 19
The guest speaker today, was Craig Oldham, a graphic designer who has created work in design, film, TV, sports and retail. He gave a very entertaining presentation and there were many phrases he said, that will stay with me for a long time - very interested to see more of his work.

Comments