Reflection: Week 8

 Week 8

Mon 9
This week we are focusing on the audience for our brand and how we are going to connect our products to them. We were given the first activity for the week to do 'you talk to me'.

Tues 10
Today, there was a workshop in the studio where we were going to look at how to develop an audience for the main brief. In the first workshop, we were paired with others who are doing the same brief and we started talking about what directs we wanted to take our audience in the end. It turns out that we had each already started to create an audience for our own mains brief and it was interesting to see what completely different directions we had gone in.

Wed 11
Spent most of my day in the studio so that I could get ahead of work. I continued working on the activity due on Friday: I spoke to my coursemates about my audience persona and it was helpful to hear what they thought suited it and also gave additional thoughts about what I could add or change. 


Thurs 12
The lecture today focused on the stereotypes and portrayal of certain things within graphic design. It was very interesting to learn how easily companies and designs can be interpreted in many different ways, especially very negatively even when the companies didn't intend to be that way. The many examples really highlighted this factor and made me really think hard about my past work and whether I was thorough enough with its impact when placed on display.

I also had a lovely talk with Tim about my essay. He was able to answer many of my questions and even gave me some tips and ideas to develop my essay more as well as suggests a good selection of books to help with my referencing.

Fri 13
I submitted the work for the activity 'a day in the life' and then went for a nice (but cold) swim in the sea for a bit of a break.

Comments