Collaborative Practice: Week 2

Week 2

Mon 22 
The Stage 2 meeting was quick and brief because we are being split into different groups for this module, each focusing on different projects. I have chosen to do 'Now Here' which is a photography and editorial based project. Afterwards, we have a quick meeting with our project tutors to learn about our work this week. 

I had a covid test later on today, so I planned to start shooting some photos during my travel there. There were lots of interesting scenes to capture so it helped me start exploring photography and think about what I wanted to do for my other tasks. 

Tues 23
Today I focused on researching some photographers that I was interested in as well as planned a little trip to the Helford passage where I want to explore for my 'Expose Yourself' task. We spent the afternoon exploring it together and I mostly photographed things that I found interesting within the inlet of water we walked by, anything from boats to the simple building that dotted the landscape.

Wed 24
Had a very interesting discussion with the London photographer, Rob Smith. He had provided some presentations beforehand and today we had a Q&A session with him and got to ask him lots of questions about his work and why he creates his images in his particular way. It was really interesting to learn that he was generally quick a shy person in comparison to the powerful street art he captured in his photography.

Thurs 25
The lecture that was presented in Textworks today, was about the visual analysis for our essay. It was interesting to hear that we could include many things that related to our essay topics. Overall, I did make me think deeper about my essay topic (women in design) and what routes I might want to include in it, such as the 'history of', modern views, the representation of women generally etc.

Fri 26
Started off today on Teams for feedback sessions. It was very insightful to go through and talk about what everyone's been doing over the past couple of days. Receiving all the feedback really helped to see how to develop my photography style and what to focus on over the next couple of weeks.

Comments