Design Direction: Week 7

Week 7

Mon 8 
This week is the last week of Design Directions, which has gone incredibly quickly. The aim is to present a final outcome and associated elements to your learning teams. I have my app pretty much planned out as well as having a few other touchpoints prepped - just need help with which ones to continue on with. 



Tues 9
Had my learning team presentation today, where I showed everyone where I have got to with my self-initiated brief. Overall, I had a positive response, everyone understood the premise of the app, how it functions and all the additional options available on the homepage. However, there were a few debates over which recycling typography I should use: I think generally the one with the larger arrows looked a bit too complex when paired with the light green background so I should experiment more with the lighter arrows on the type. 




Thurs 11
The lecture this week was all about the literature review we were required to write. I have never written one of these before so I was quite confused and nervous listening during this one. It sounded very large and complicated but if I take my time and plan everything out well, I think it should all go well!

Fri 12
The guest speaker was Raghda Moataz, a graphic designer and author who is based in Cario, Egypt. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to this meeting but I'm am interested in looking at more of her work and learning more. 

Comments